YWCA Metropolitan Chicago gratefully acknowledges 32 company associates who have collectively donated a lot more than $2 Million to the organization’s Economic Empowerment Institute over the past year. This assist has allowed the YWCA to sustain and broaden courses and products and services that include money schooling, workforce development, personal computer and expertise instruction, little company growth and dwelling ownership education and learning.
As below-resourced communities, especially Black and Brown communities, cope with the extreme economic problems and disparities exacerbated by the pandemic, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, by its generous donors, has mounted a detailed reaction. The Economic Empowerment Institute’s plans are designed to shut the racial wealth hole by helping folks and families with securing new jobs, starting to be business people and realizing the dream of homeownership.
“These generous corporate citizens are demonstrating their alignment to our mission of getting rid of racism and empowering females. Their investments in our communities will produce a balanced return in the type of local community resilience, higher participation in the financial state and the building of generational prosperity,” explained Nicole Robinson, chief govt officer, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago.
“We are over and above grateful to these partners for their leadership and seem forward to our ongoing collective attempts to construct the economic equity important for communities to thrive,” she additional.
The pursuing corporate companions have contributed to YWCA Metropolitan Chicago’s Financial Empowerment Institute in the past twelve months:
– Allstate Insurance policies Enterprise.
– Amazon Net Services.
– Baird & Warner.
– Bank of America.
– Black and Decker.
– Blue Cross Blue Protect of Illinois.
– BMO Harris Lender.
– CTS Impression.
– Comcast / NBC Universal.
– Find out.
– Fifth Third Bank.
– Horizon Therapeutics.
– Huntington Financial institution.
– Michael Jordan and Jordan Model.
– Kirkland and Ellis.
– Mars Food North The usa.
– Molina Health care.
– Molson Coors.
– Nicor Fuel.
– Peoples Gasoline and North Shore Gasoline.
– Ulta Magnificence.
– U.S. Lender.
– William Blair & Enterprise.
Their contributions have enabled a quantity of YWCA system expansions and milestones:
– Partnered with BlackFem on a collection of economical education workshops to assist the BIPOC local community in “Moving From Anxiety to Economic Stability.”
– Supported extra than 500 Illinois homes in implementing for rental support and mortgage loan guidance systems so they continue to be stably housed.
– Conducted outreach to 250 Cook dinner County residents to notify them of absolutely free lawful companies through a partnership with Prepare dinner County Authorized Assist for Housing and Personal debt.
– Introduced the Respect Lender Account and Respect Debit Mastercard, in partnership with Black-owned FinTech enterprise Mobility Capital Finance (www.respectcard.com) to deliver banking, credit score creating and wealth coaching expert services for Chicagoans residing on the financial margins.
– Offered training and technical assistance to 15 Black ladies-owned firms as a result of the YWCA’s Breedlove Entrepreneurship Center. One particular entrepreneur was profiled in the Washington Article and highlighted on the NBC Nightly News. Now accepting nominations for the 3rd Breedlove cohort in fall 2022.
– Supported far more than 100 small company owners by way of our Tiny Small business Enhancement Middle.
– Served 150 persons throughout several workforce enhancement programs together with Assemble, Transportation Distribution and Logistics and our Innovation and Technologies Institute.
“While we are grateful for our corporate partners’ assist, we are reminded that extra is required to aid achieve the ambitions of the Financial Empowerment Institute and our Prosper 2025 Initiative,” mentioned Robert Johnson, chief economic inclusion officer and general counsel for YWCA Metropolitan Chicago.
“We keep on to seek new associates to enable the firm to convey money balance to far more people and families, though uplifting neighborhood communities,” he included.
The Economic Empowerment Institute’s Prosper 2025 Initiative aims to execute the next, by 2025.
– Deliver the dream of homeownership in appreciating neighborhoods to 1,000 Black Chicago guys, females and people.
– Start 1,000 salable, scalable Black-owned enterprises in underserved communities.
– Prepare and position 1,000 occupation-seekers into superior-spending jobs in higher-need industries.
To find out more about the Economic Empowerment Institute, be sure to check out: https://ywcachicago.org/our-perform/financial-empowerment/.
Simply click below to donate to packages that direct to long-term personal and economic empowerment.