Submitted by Comcast
Comcast has announced it will award $10,000 grants to 100 small companies owned by ladies and persons of color in Prepare dinner County through its Comcast Increase Investment Fund. Cook dinner County is 1 of 5 spots chosen for this new spherical of the grants method. Other destinations consist of Miami, Oakland, Seattle and Washington D.C. Comcast will award a complete of $1 million in grants in Cook dinner County by yourself – $5 million throughout the five areas – in this spherical. This delivers the full quantity of Comcast Increase Investment decision Fund grants awarded to $21 million nationwide to day. This is the second time Comcast has opened the fund to Cook dinner County corporations.
“The pandemic has influenced firms owned by gals and individuals of coloration in Prepare dinner County and somewhere else exceptionally challenging,” stated Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle. “I really encourage suitable companies to use for a grant. This funds can enable bolster their placement, in particular as we arise from the pandemic. “
“Women-owned organizations face a wide range of problems, together with accessing funding,” claimed Women’s Business enterprise Improvement Middle President and Chief Executive Officer, Emilia DiMenco. “These dollars will allow for them to spend in their firms and fortify their fiscal placement relocating ahead.”
“Hispanic-owned corporations confront huge limitations to achievements,” mentioned Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President and Chief Govt Officer, Jaime di Paulo. “These pounds will enable them to make investments in their folks, their machines and their engineering, and support put together them for the upcoming.”
To help drive awareness of the program and deliver additional support, education and mentorship, Comcast is awarding a complete of $50,000 in grants to four Cook County group-dependent organizations, like the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, South East Chicago Commission, South Shore Chamber of Commerce and Women’s Business enterprise Progress Centre.
Comcast Rise also supplies advertising and technology services
In addition to the Investment decision Fund, Comcast Increase, which stands for “Representation, Investment decision, Toughness and Empowerment,” gives the prospect for small businesses owned by girls and men and women of coloration in Comcast’s nationwide footprint to use to acquire one or extra of the adhering to providers:
- Marketing and advertising products and services: Comcast’s marketing profits division, Effectv, and its imaginative company, Mnemonic, aid recipients with advertising and media strategies, which includes:
- Media: Linear Television media strategies that run about a 90-working day interval
- Innovative output: Turnkey 30-next Television set commercial manufacturing, in addition a media approach consultation and a 90-working day linear Tv set media campaign
- Consultations: Digital audits by Ureeka, a go-to system for compact corporations searching to use their website and on the web advertising and marketing to receive prospects, in the sort of Web-site Repair service Experiences and Lookup Motor Optimization Key word stories to target internet site mechanics and helpful natural and organic advertising and marketing and
- Technology Makeovers: Technologies updates from Comcast Organization include computer system devices, as well as world-wide-web, voice and cybersecurity companies for up to 12 months (taxes and other service fees may possibly apply).
Comcast Rise was shaped in late 2020 to give smaller firms owned by people today of colour the assistance and resources they need to not just survive, but thrive. In November 2021, Comcast Increase announced a big enlargement to all women of all ages-owned corporations. To day, more than 9,500 Comcast Rise awardees have been introduced from 704 metropolitan areas throughout 37 states and the program is on track to supply assistance to 13,000 modest corporations by the close of 2022. Comcast Increase is element of Undertaking UP, the company’s comprehensive 10-calendar year, $1 billion initiative to advance electronic equity and enable establish a future of unrestricted opportunities.
For much more information and facts and to utilize, visit www.ComcastRISE.com. The Comcast Rise Financial commitment Fund grant application is open from Oct 3-16 to Prepare dinner County firms owned by women and men and women of shade that have been in business three or extra a long time with 1-25 personnel. Check the web page for much more details about eligibility. Web-site visitors can also utilize for the prospect to receive marketing and advertising and technology expert services by Comcast Rise.